This week was all about patternmaking and sewing. I managed to make basic blocks for myself - at last! - thanks to my mum who took all of the uncounted measurements. I sewed a top from my own pattern and a nightgown using BurdaStyle's pattern. I will post photos after 24. August because I'm going on a vacation today. Have a nice Sunday!
Thursday, 11 August 2011
Meet my cousin Dominik. I sewed him a few pairs of shorts. I made a pattern using my "bible" and I added in-seam pockets. Because I didn't have enough fabric, I cut the pattern below the waist and used two different colours for each pair. Dominik was really looking forward to taking pictures, so we had a little photoshoot last weekend.
Thursday, 4 August 2011
I haven't worn boot-cut jeans for quite a time, but two pairs were still lying in my closet. I made the first pair into something between skinny and straight cut jeans. Very easy, just sew along the side seam to narrow the trouser leg. The second pair became shorts.
1. Mark desired length and add 4 cm seam allowance. Cut.
2. Fold twice.
4. Put the trousers on and pin the lace to the edge.
5. Unpin the ends from the trousers and pin them together.
6. Stitch them, right sides together.
7. Fold lace seam allowances to one side and pin.
8. While stretching the jeans slightly, stitch the lace on both lower and upper edge with a zig-zag stitch.
Wednesday, 3 August 2011
Currently, I'm into the ombre look. I just bought some Rit dyes and I have some plain white fabric from an old sheet. I'll be making something casual, maybe a skirt or a top/tunic.
Those Givenchy dresses are absolutely too elegant for my taste, but I didn't really pay attention to the designs. Just look at those shades!
|Givenchy Couture AW 2009/10|
|Givenchy Couture SS 2010|
|Mammal & Lamb|