Sunday 12 February 2012

Overlock machine

I got an overlock sewing machine, yay! :) I bought it a few months ago. Since Janome celebrated the 90. anniversary in 2011, I also got a bunch of sewing feet as a gift.



I was pretty confused by all the threads and buttons the first time I used it. The instruction manual contains only basic information and directions. But I got myself a book to help me understand the settings for different stitches and their use. I have already sewn jersey (amazing, a T-shirt was made in no time!), cotton, cotton batiste, and polyester blend. I made a few stitches on satin and chiffon as well. I love how flat and neat the seams are now. It's a great machine!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks so cheerful and fun! Can't wait to see what you've made using your new friend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy it! I also got an overlock recently and was considering this Janome one (because I liked the flowers so much :) but finally went ahead with Janome Magnolia. Having overlock feels sooo good, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for new machine! im sure the overlocker will take your sewing to the next level! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow its great , i like your mashine :)

    ReplyDelete