This roll is made for total 75 knitting needles 20 cm/8 in. long. Seam allowances (1 cm/3/8 in.) are already included in measurements.
You will need:
- 60 x 24 cm (23 3/5 x 9 1/2 in.) outside fabric
- 60 x 24 cm (23 3/5 x 9 1/2 in.) inside fabric
- 60 x 24 cm (23 3/5 x 9 1/2 in.) fleece
- 60 x 24 cm (23 3/5 x 9 1/2 in.) for pockets, folded in half lenghtwise
- 60 x 8 cm (23 3/5 x 3 1/6 in.) for upper protection, hemmed on the lower edge (final measurement = 60 x 6.5 cm (23 3/5 x 2 1/2 in.))
- 60 cm (23 3/5 in.) lace for embellishment
- 1 m (1 1/10 yd.) satin ribbon 1.5 cm (5/8 in.) wide
1. Pin wrong side of inside fabric to fleece/velour. Machine baste all four edges using 0.5 cm/1/5 in. seam allowance.
2. Place folded pocket fabric to the lower edge and upper protection fabric + lace on top of it to the upper edge of inside fabric. Machine baste using 0.5 cm/1/5 in. seam allowance.
3. Pin or draw the lines for pockets. I recommend using your knitting needles as a measure. Make sure you start pinning/drawing 1.5 cm/5/8 in. away from both left and right edge of the roll. Sew the pockets with a regular straight stitch. Don't forget to backstitch!
4. Pin satin ribbon folded in half to the right edge of the roll.
5. Pin and outside and inside fabric, right sides together. Draw curved corners to help you stitch them. Stitch using 1 cm/3/8 in. seam allowances. Leave about 6 cm/2 3/8 in. opening on the left side of the roll (not on the side where you pinned satin ribbon).
6. Trim seam allowances except where you left the opening. Clip the corners.
7. Turn inside out, press, and pin together the opening. Topstitch.
8. Put knitting needles in your new roll, roll it and tie a bow. Cut satin ribbon ends on bias and make sure they are the same length. Happy knitting! ;)