I was making bibs lately and thinking of ways to embellish them. I decided to go with machine applique an also made a tutorial for you.
1. Draw your design (letters, objects, animals, ...) on a piece of paper and cut it.
2. Pin the paper pieces onto the fabric that you are going to use for applique.
4. Place the design onto the finished project. Hand-baste it with a contrasting rayon thread.
5. Stitch the design close to the edges with a straight stitch to secure it. Topstitch with a satin stitch - a very short and wide zig-zag stich - covering the straight stitch and edges of the design. I used 3 mm width.
6. Remove the basting thread.